Unit 10: Make Inferences/Draw Conclusions (Week 2)
- Letter(s): Qq
- Identify the sound /kw/
- Associate the letter Qq with the sound /kw/
- Listen for /kw/ in words
- Orally substitute medial sounds
- Blend CVC words
- Spell CVC words using Qq and letters previously learned
- Sight Words: Review
- Build academic vocabulary and concepts related to folktales
- Make inferences about a text
- Draw conclusions about a text
- Retell story events
- Build oral language and vocabulary through whole-group and partner discussion
- Respond to a story
- Reread stories to build fluency
Language Arts Home Practice Lesson 10.2 (Will come home on Friday, May 27 in Friday Folders.
Informational Reports: Reteach and Review
- Use appropriate end punctuation
- Put spaces between words
- Use uppercase and lowercase letters correctly
- Write some CVC words
- Write high-frequency words
- Write a report
- Ask and answer questions (who, what, when, where, why, how)
Language Arts Centers:
Read to Self: Students read books from their personalized book boxes. Students can also choose from our classroom leveled library.
Read With Others: The focus of this center is working together and making decisions together. Students will focus on using the app Raz Kids to read with each other or use phonics decodable books to read with each other.
Word Work: students choose from a variety of activities that focus on sight words, letter work, CVC words, and rhyming. Students are encouraged to work on something that they need some extra help with. For instance, if they don't know all of their sight words yet, that should be their area of focus.
Work on Writing/Science: Students work in their new "fish observation journal" to observe a variety of things regarding our pet fish. We make 1-2 observations a week. Some are done independently, some are done in groups, and some are done as a whole class. We will work on these into May and continue to discuss our observations as we go. This is the final entry.
Listen To Reading: Students listen to the story, The Gingerbread Man and discuss their favorite parts of the story and why. They are invited to draw, write, or film their answers.
Creation: Students can create whatever they would like, whether building with blocks, creating a movie, or working on a project made from various scraps. They are invited to put it on their Seesaw journal
Unit 6: Money, Time, Measurement, and Numbers
SPECIALS: (May 23-27)
Monday: Music/Art (Day 5)
Tuesday: Media/P.E. (Day 6)
Wednesday: Music/Art (Day 1)
Thursday: Media/P.E. (Day 2)
Friday: Art/Music (Day 3)
*****ALL LIBRARY BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE LIBRARY!!!!
Kindergarten Reading Cafe:
- Wednesday, May 25 (10AM)
- Students will give you a "menu" with some of their favorite books. You get to choose what you would like to hear your child read.
- For parents who cannot attend, students will film themselves reading to you
Super Team Day:
- Friday, May 27
- Must pack cold lunch
- K field day runs from 11:30-12:30, with recess and outdoor lunch at 12:50
- Parents are welcome to join for activities and lunch!